I’ll admit it. I’m probably going a little bit overboard with this post but since I’m 48 years old and don’t actually go play competitive basketball anymore, I do what I can to make a game of NBA2K feel like a real experience.
So today, I thought I’d walk you through the steps I took to get a better in game experience.
- Turned off each song in the soundtrack In general I like the soundtracks but whenever I record videos I get the stupid copyright warning on my videos so one of the first things I did was uncheck every song in 2K beats.
- Turned off 2K beats and 2K beats overlays Wasn’t sure if they would still pop up so I shut off the 2K beats overlays.
- Turned the PA volume to zero I noticed that even though I had unselected the soundtrack selections, songs still played in the timeouts. So, I moved the PA volume to zero. Problem solved.
- Increased the sound effects, crowd noise and player chatter I increased each of these settings to 100 to get the full effect of of the game sounds.
- Left the commentary volume at default Since I don’t talk during my streams, I left the commentary volume at 85 so people watching will have something to listen to.
- I bought a decent set of headphones To block out the noise around me and to get the audio right in my ears, I picked up a set of decent headphones so I can hear and get into the chants of DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE or cringe if I hear MVP! MVP! if I in someone else’s arena. Every now and then you can pick up fans in the game calling your players horrible or things you might not have noticed. I play late at night so this helps keep my house quiet.
- I adjusted the headset volume the PS4 settings I adjust the PS4 headphone settings to the max. It’s louder but not so loud it’s harmful.
It’s a lot more fun playing games this way. Occasionally though, some players mics send a lot of static through and I found out that if I play team up I can’t hear the players in the party because the arena is too loud. So you’d have to adjust before you go into a party.
What kind of things do you do to immerse yourself more in the game? Let me know in the comments.
To get the latest C2K Pacers news be sure and follow me on Twitter.