The Sprite Posterizer is a player known to dunk on defenders whenever possible; getting higher priority for contact dunks versus contact layups. This player must have an energy level of 80 or higher and once the dunk is completed, his teammates are given a boost of 5 to their stamina.
Who Are The Sprite Posterizers?
There are currently 16 NBA2K players that have the Sprite Posterizer signature skill. Broken down by position, there are no point guards with the skill, one shooting guard, 6 small forwards, 5 power forwards and 4 centers.
- Greg Smith, PF, Chicago Bulls: He has dunk of 65 and a standing dunk rating of 70 with no additional signature skills.
- Taj Gibson, PF, Chicago Bulls: Interestingly enough, Gibson only has a dunk rating of 68 and a standing dunk of 55 yet still has the posterizer signature skill.
- Anthony Bennett, PF, Cleveland Cavaliers: Bennett also has the Finisher signature skill and has a 70 dunk rating and a standing dunk of 75.
- Jeff Green, SF, Boston Celtics: Green also has the finisher signature skill and a dunk rating of 78 and standing dunk of 55.
- Deandre Jordan, C, Los Angeles Clippers: Jordan has a dunk and standing dunk rating of 90.
- Blake Griffin, PF, Los Angeles Clippers: Griffin has several signature skills to go along with the posterizer that are also beneficial. He has highlight film which is pretty similar to posterizer in it’s effect as well as finisher and screen outlet. He has a dunk rating of 92 and a standing dunk rating of 85.
- Derrick Williams, SF, Sacramento Kings: Williams has a dunk rating of 83 and a standing dunk of 75 with not other signature skills.
- Quincy Acy, PF, Sacramento Kings: Acy has a dunk rating of 79 and standing dunk rating of 85.
- Xavier Henry, SG, Los Angeles Lakers: Henry’s dunk rating is 68 and standing dunk is a paltry 30.
- J.J. Hickson, C, Denver Nuggets: Hickson has the screen outlet signature skill that probably helps on pick and roll alley oops and has a dunk rating of 77 with a standing dunk rating of 65.
- Javale McGee, C, Denver Nuggets: McGee has the highlight film signature dunk in addition to the posterizer. His dunk rating is 89 and standing dunk is 85.
- Paul George, SF, Indiana Pacers: Like McGee, George also has the highlight reel, a dunk rating of 89 and a standing dunk of 55.
- Dwight Howard, C, Houston Rockets: To complement the posterizer, Howard has the finisher signature skill. His dunk rating is 92 and a standing dunk of 90.
- Kawhi Leonard, SF, San Antonio Spurs: Leonard has a dunk 84 and standing dunk of 60.
- Kevin Durant, SF, Oklahoma City Thunder: Two other signature skills might complement his posterizer – the finisher and one man fastbreak. His dunk rating is 84 and his standing dunk is 55.
- Harrison Barnes, SF, Golden State Warriors: Barnes has a dunk rating of 74 and a standing dunk rating of 60.
Players with ratings over 80 for either dunking or standing dunking who don’t have the posterizer signature skill (players in bold have highlight reel): Thaddeus Young, Jason Richardson, Nerlens Noel, Al Jefferson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Gerald Henderson, Larry Sanders, Joakim Noah, Derrick Rose, Ronnie Brewer, Alonzo Gee, Chris Johnson, Tony Allen, Al Horford, Greg Oden, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Anderson, Jeremy Evans, Derrick Favors, Rudy Gobert, Carl Landry, Demarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Travis Outlaw, Jared Cunningham, Amar’e Stoudemire, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Shannon Brown, Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Jeremy Tyler, Maurice Harkless, Victor Oladipo, Brook Lopez, Nate Robinson, Kenneth Faried, Anthony Randolph, Jan Vesely, Andrew Bynum, Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, Josh Smith, Andre Drummond, Tony Mitchell, Patrick Patterson, Demar DeRozan, Terrence Ross, Jeff Ayres, Emeka Okafor, Eric Bledsoe, Gerald Green, Perry Jones, Jeremy Lamb, Serge Ibaka, Russell Westbrook, Hasheem Thabeet, Corey Brewer, Chase Budinger, Nicolas Batum, Wesley Matthews, Andrew Bogut, Andre Iguodala, John Wall, Trevor Ariza, Nene.
How To Use The Sprite Posterizer Skill
Basically, the posterizer skill activates when the player is fresher and increases the other players stamina. You’ll want to put your posterizer in situations where he can dunk on people with contact. While there’s a slight difference between the highlight film and the posterizer, the result is the same, a +5 boost in stamina for their teammates.
Using The Posterizer With Your MyPlayer
If you have a high flying dunker for a myplayer, then you’ll want to consider the posterizer as a possible signature skill. While you can double up on the posterizer and the highlight film, I’d probably opt for finisher above both and the posterizer over the highlight film because it’s more of an in traffic signature skill. I don’t see much difference in the two except for highlight film probably uses more of the dunk package features.
To add to your MyPlayer, you have to have a 90 dunk or 90 standing dunk rating. Fascinating since many of the guys who have it in the game don’t have that rating, yet still have the signature skill.
What Do You Think?
Who are the real posterizers in the game and do the one’s that have it deserve it? How would you differentiate between highlight film and posterizer? What criteria would you set to be considered a posterizer? Let me know in the comments.